Friday, August 3, 2007

B - (Bobby the Butcher)


B for BOBBY the BUTCHER

Today whilst paying for my groceries, the girl was wandering around nearby waiting for me. I had my eye on her as I always do, watching out for her behaviour and anything dodgy that could be going on (what can I say , the nightly news can make a momma paranoid!)

There really wasn't anyone around and I noticed the new, local butcher leave his shop to take a break. As he did he caught the girl's attention from a distance and winked...nothing so strange there but...

...what did get me was when my ultra shy (NOT!) 3 year old, cocked her head in a John Wayne-ish kind of way and...winked back!! (she even popped in a shoulder shrug thingy. I am sure if I had been closer I would've heard the click from the side of her mouth!)

I couldn't help but laugh. It was hilarious! I can't tell you the shocked look on the butchers' face. I am not sure which was funnier.

...as it happened all the unusual responses upset the girl and she was very angry at me and the butcher... (this was also very funny but I managed to restrain myself)

The butcher ended coming up to see what was going on - a box of lollies in tow (that's when the mummy vibes kicked in - old man/box of lollies you know?)...

This was the dodgy morsel that ended up coming home with us

(perhaps dodgiest of all that I then squooshed it into a letter of the alphabet)

No comments: