- 9:40 jumped into my car only to find it absolutely dead - NO CAR
- ran inside to call mum as I thought I could make it if she could drive me - NO DIAL TONE
- only a really obnoxious loud buzz - NO PHONE LINE
- immediately got my pre-paid (or not - as the case may be) mobile from my handbag - NO COVERAGE
- ran outside to get coverage - I would've run the two blocks to the park if I had thought it might help. The phone had "emergency calls only" - NO CREDIT?
- I checked the phone again and tried dialling anyway - in my opinion this was an emergency. The phone worked (I knew I must be low on credit - at best) and I rang - NO ANSWER
- I rang hubby-j next - short conversation - NO HELP
- I rang the surgery to let them know I would probably not be making it. Then rang my mum numerous times - NO ANSWER
- I then came inside where I found a message from hubby-j on my 'puter screen - we typed for a bit. He was very much more helpful and I had very much more calmed down (having postponed my appointment until tomorrow) - then we lost connection - NO INTERNET & NO HUBBY-J
I thought to myself...all I need now is to go into labour - no car, no phone, no coverage, no credit, no mother, no hubby-j, no internet...and btw...all the neighbours who never go out had all decided it was a nice day for an outing as well.
I kept trying my mum's...and finally...my dear, sweet and don't forget thoughtful (can ya tell I was going to kill him!!) dad answered.
"I've been here all the time?...Weren't you supposed to be coming over?
Apparently...on a very important phone call?
Don't ya think that considering someone was obviously trying to repeatedly call during this very important phone call...and...that your eldest daughter just happens to be 39 weeks pregnant and could go into labour at any second that...
YA MIGHT ANSWER THE BLOODY CALL WAITING THAT YOU INSTALLED YOURSELF TO MAKE SURE YOU GET ALL YOUR VERY IMPORTANT BLOODY PHONE CALLS!!!!!!
(excuse me!...I am glad I got that off my chest!)