I have just hit 34 weeks.
I said there wouldn't be any belly shots but I thought it appropriate with a little help from photoshop.
The baby (heartbeat, fundal height, head circumference and position) is fine and I feel good.
However my doctor has freaked me out a little this week (it really doesn't take much at this stage of pregnancy). He has requested an ultrasound to check the general wellbeing and size of the baby - because I haven't put on enough weight!
This is the same doctor that has
- sharply drawn breath that I was 97 kilos to begin with
- has whispered my weight to me whenever I had gained weight
- has described my 99.4 kilo week as "you're edging up to 100!"
- mentioned that overweight women shouldn't need to gain very much weight during pregnancy
I did figure his suggestion was to try not to put too much weight on.Just to let you know...
I have always been someone who has had weight issues. I have never been someone that has ever, ever, ever had an issue with NOT putting weight on.
- I have once put on 10 kilos in 4 weeks.
- I have been a size 22!
- I eat when I feel crappy, stressed or generally shit (none of which apply this pregnancy)
- Last pregnancy I went from 65 kilos to 96 and they were doing the same ultrasound at 36 weeks because they thought my girl would be over size!
This is what I have come up with
- I did have to eat a lot less in the first 5 or so months as my digestion was so slow that I constantly felt full and sluggish
- I hated choosing food in that first five months as what I wanted to eat did not always go down so well. Light foods and salads were easier to digest
- I have conciously been avoiding junk food that I might usually consume
- I do eat less serves of food and smaller servings than I did prior to pregnancy
- I have been craving fruit and salad - rather than cakes and sweets (like I might usually)
- I have not ever felt hungry and not eaten
- I am feeling excellent, only a little tired and people are beginning to say that I look like I am "glowing" (as they do)
I can honestly say none of these things were true last pregnancy AT ALL!
He did say the ultrasound should be fine and the baby will most probably be of normal size...but I know I am going to stress until normal measurements are confirmed at the ultrasound.