Wednesday, November 8, 2006

purchase of the day

Today whilst chore-ing around I decided to stop in at a large Asian grocery store that used to be local.

Hubby-j has been requesting "yum cha chilli sauce" for a while now. I have bought so many chilli sauces and none have been right. I was told today that I was buying Singaporean and Indonesian chilli...

....Oh? (can you tell I am absolutely chilli illiterate?)

A kind Chinese lady directed me to a variety made in Hong Kong. She said the restaurants buy it in bulk...I am definately not convinced (very orange to my eye) but I will see what the 'Yum Cha Chilli King' has to say about it next stir fry...

Regardless....

these were the purchase of the day by far!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, we tried making a curry the other day with thai chili paste instead of indian chili paste - it was so hot it was almost un-eatable! but yummy, too.

the hello kitty stuff is SO cute!

Anonymous said...

Too cute those lollies.
doing well with your posting every day!!! I could never do that.

Anonymous said...

How cute are these??!!!!! we love hello kitty in this house, how sweet, a shame to eat them????