Thursday, November 30, 2006

four today...before tomorrow

1 - Today the girl was again, uncharacteristically teary before kindy.

It is heart wrenching to leave her with a group of strangers when at the time she is so clearly upset at the prospect. The tears start on and off from about 7am and seem to be mainly about the required afternoon rest. With much negotiation I finally got her to agree that it might be OK...

"even Dad likes to have an afternoon nap!"
(understatement of the century!)


...seemed to hit a chord this morning.

Hubby-j says to cancel kindy if it is upsetting her (might as well save the money) but I do know it is important that she is able to socialize with other kids and adults without me around. Also that she can take direction from other adults and follow group rules like she will have to at school.

I am hoping it is just a temporary phase.

................................

2 - Today I had to go to a small thrift shop to ease my worries after I drove off without her....a couple of cute things later...

................................

3 - Today I also noticed that this site has finally released their first magazine. I was contacted by email a month or so ago to do an unusual interview in regard to food and crafting (I think they saw my ceramics designs on Etsy treasury).

There were a few questions that did not translate so well between the cultures and I am sure some of my answers were similar. If you squint really hard you can make out some of the interview on screen. I am hoping the girls send me a copy so I can check it out properly (might be hilarious as some of it sounds a bit weird when read out of context - I hope that is all it is anyway?)

................................


4 - Today is also the last day of NaBloPoMo. I think the habit of daily posting has been good for me. Even though there have been dud posts that really have been a bit desperate for content, I think overall it has given a broader perspective to my daily goings on.

I wanted to thank you all for your comments along the way (always great to have company) and for putting up with all my crappy, night time, dinner table photography.

................................

Tomorrow?
...



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dani -

just got a little gifty from you! thanks soooo much!

i've been there w/the drop-off woes. still am there a bit. wish i had something helpful to say. i do try and get out quick. sometimes letting them wave to you from a window as you drive off helps...

hope it gets better.

Anonymous said...

I don't know why I haven't "discovered" your blog before... adding it to bloglines.

I know we had issues with my daughter over preschool. We read "The Kissing Hand" and even now occasionally she'll ask for a "sticky kiss" on the palm of her hand (it stays with her until I come pick her up). Best wishes with that! We also put a picture of us in her backpack and the teachers let her look at it whenever she wanted to.

Sarah and Jack said...

I am sorry to hear your little one is having troubles with transitioning. My son had big problems (and we ended up putting it off for a bit, but he is only 2), and it used to just break my heart. I also would always go to the thrift store to keep my mind busy. I hope it improves quickly (our doctor said about 3 weeks, if that helps at all.)