Wednesday, August 31, 2005

self portrait tuesday

Even though its Wednesday.

This is me closing my shop. It has been three years opening and closing this store, 1.5 years opening and closing someone else's store and 12.5 years opening and closing my father's stores. Well mine is now about to be sold. It looks like only about 10 days till settlement! (crossing fingers and toes that everything will go smoothly) It's a very weird feeling and even though I am happy and excitied, I also have a lot of anxiety about "what next?"

My Roots Canada key strap also seems significant. I bought that the last time hubby-j and I were in Canada. In some ways I wish I could go back to those times. It was only 4 years ago but back then we had no children, no business and I was slim, fit and hadn't yet experienced the worst year of my life (you don't want to know). We look like we will be going to Canada in December to visit the girl's Granma Mary (hubby-j's mom) for Christmas. It will be a sort of closure (I hope!). Kind of like coming full circle.

Hopefully the next ride round won't be quite as tough.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the sale. Nice self portrait.

sarah said...

will cross fingers and toes too that all goes well, thanks so much for visiting my dad's blog, he was so thrilled to have a real comment!

kath red said...

welcome
you are linked